Thank you to Roda at the Growing Self Blog for nominating me for the Real Neat Blog Award!
Some bloggers choose not to participate in these awards, but I think they’re a great way to show appreciation for bloggers who are doing great work, and I really appreciate the nod from Roda!
Scroll down to the bottom of this post to check out the great blogs I’ve nominated.
But first, let me introduce Roda in her own words.
I spent 22 years teaching elementary education. Two years ago, I closed that door and opened a new one… It has been over these past two years that I have focused on “Growing Self”.
If you haven’t already, you should check out Roda’s blog. Today’s post, “I Love You, But Not That Much…” is a great one to get started.
How does the Real Neat Blog award work?
There are four rules for people participating in the award:
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog
- Answer the 7 questions sent by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 7 new blogs to receive the award and write them 7 new questions
- List the rules and display the Real Neat Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog
Here are Roda’s questions and my answers
1) Paper or Plastic?
Grocery stores in Canada don’t usually stock paper bags, so our choices are either plastic or reusable bags. I know I should use reusable, but I usually forget to bring them to the store!
2) If you could transform into any animal, what would it be?
I would want to fly so it would have to be some kind of bird. I’ll go with a falcon.
3) Who is your historical soul mate?
This is a hard one. But based on Season 1 of The Crown, I’m going to go with Queen Elizabeth II. As a young woman, she’s not the stuffy old woman we imagine. I admire her as an early feminist and her focus on duty over self.
4) Are you a city mouse or a country mouse?
I’ve never lived in the country, so I have to say I’m a city mouse.
5) What is your favorite vegetable?
Avocados would be the obvious choice if they weren’t technically a fruit. So I’m going to go with fiddleheads. I only get to eat them once or twice a year in the spring, but they are so delicious with a little butter and sea salt!
6) Favorite book?
7) Why do you write?
I write because I have things to say. I write because I’m good at it. I write because I love words. I write because I live. I write because I can.
I’ve nominated blogs that inspire me in the writing of My Instruction Manual. At least half of the posts at each of these blogs deal with topics of self-improvement / personal-development.
(I have included more than seven, but there are so many great blogs out there and it’s hard to pare the list down. Besides, I went back and looked at the original rules by the blogger who started this award and she says it’s okay to nominate any number of blogs.)
Note to everyone I nominated: It’s totally up to you if you want to participate in this. Just know that I appreciate what you do!
- Healthy Life Perspectives by Monte
- IpunaBlack by Ipuna
- A Year of Living Kindly by Donna
- The Way of Consciousness by Matthew
- Poised to Thrive by Catherine
- The Golden Wave by Hayley
- Secret2anamazinglife by Neal
- Bee Organized With Pamela by Pamela
- Be Inspired
- Thoughts n Life Blog by Bella
- What’s your favorite television drama? (my list here!)
- Here in Canada we’re celebrating the country’s 150th birthday. Have you ever been? Where?
- Do you have any nicknames or have you in the past?
- What’s the most important life lesson you have learned?
- What’s the hardest thing you’ve gone through and what did you learn from it?
- Are you happy?
- Share one blog post you’ve written that you feel didn’t get enough attention
I can’t wait to see all the responses!
Readers: What self-improvement / personal-development blogs you you enjoy? Let me know and I’ll check them out!