It’s especially gratifying to be recognized through blogger awards. My Instruction Manual was recognized with the first-ever Star Blogger Award. The monthly award was created by the blogger behind How To Addict, who goes by “Doc.” If you’re looking for great inspirational writing, be sure to check out his blog!
My Instruction Manual has also been nominated for a handful of other blogger awards including the Real Neat Blog Award, the Blogger Recognition Award, the Mystery Blogger Award and the One Lovely Blog award.
I’m behind on recognizing all these awards, so today I want to start catching up by paying forward my nomination for the One Lovely Blog Award.
One Lovely Blog
First, I want to thank Jo-Ann of the Inspiration Pie blog for nominating me for this award. Jo-Ann describes herself as a writer, visual artist and mother of two boys, a dog and a cat. She posts book reviews, writes about writing and shares art and photos. Read a great post she wrote recently about how authors can avoid writing crappy novels.
The rules of the One Lovely Blog Award are simple:
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Share 7 facts about yourself
- Nominate 15 bloggers and inform them of the nomination
7 Facts About Me
- This Labor Day was significant for me as it marked two decades in the workforce. I worked for one decade as a journalist at the Winnipeg Free Press and The Globe and Mail. After that, I spent eight years in social media and public relations, before starting up FanReads and My Instruction Manual.
- I’m the oldest in my family and have two younger sisters. One gave me a second chance at life when she donated a kidney to me earlier this year.
- I studied world religions in my undergraduate degree, not because I’m a particularly religious person, but because I’m fascinated by religious texts, beliefs and customs.
- In high school I started up an improv comedy club called the Scary, Scary Monkey ImproveSociety. My teenage son Connor started up an improv club of his own last year in middle school.
- I am an extreme morning person. I struggle to get much of anything done past 7pm at night. But this morning I woke up at 5am ready to write!
- My Myers-Briggs score is INTP. This means I tend to be an introvert who thinks logically but uses intuition in decision making. My “P” is slight which means I appreciate order but like spontaneity even more.
- I published my first book 13 years ago, right around the time my oldest son Connor was born. Air Monopoly is a business book on the Canadian airline industry.
My 15 Nominees
- Thoughts and Pavement by Miranda. This is one of the best running blogs on the Internet and it’s written by a good friend of mine!
- Sarah Warsi
- Millennial Mrs. and Mom
- The Wordy Mom
- Love 2 Live Life
- The Purple Almond
- Vilina Christoph
- All the Passion Strings
- Hot To Addict
- Growing Self
- Pink and Blue Student Blog
- Daily Life Talk
- That Desperate Friend
- Casey Palmer, Canadian Dad
These are just a handful of the blogs I enjoy. I’ll recognize more soon! In the comments, feel free to leave a link to one of your favorite blogs (not your own please!).