Luminita D. Saviuc talks about the 15 things we need to give up to be happy in episode 4 of the My Instruction Manual Podcast. I also chat with Joelle Anderson, our regular mindfulness contributor and talk about one magical day I spent at the ballpark with my special needs son Bryson.
Thanks for listening. Please subscribe!
Episode 4 Show Notes
We often think about happiness as something that will happen when we reach a goal. But what if happiness isn’t about things we achieve but things we need to give up? I talk to Luminita D. Saviuc about 15 things we should give up to be happy. I also chat with Joelle Anderson, our regular mindfulness contributor and talk about one magical day I spent at the ballpark with my special needs son Bryson.
[00:00] Welcome and Intro
[00:59] Featured Interview with Luminita D. Saviuc
Luminita D. Saviuc is creator of PurposeFairy.com and author of 15 Things You Should Give Up to Be Happy: An Inspiring Guide to Discovering Effortless Joy. The book was based on her blog post 15 Things You Should Give Up To Be Happy. Here’s my review of the book.
- When she was 10 years old, her father literally set her on fire [2:05]
- What is happiness? The true essence of who we are. [6:21]
- Luminita talks about some of the things we need to give up to be happy including the past and fear [6:55]
- Here’s the whole list:
- Give up the past
- Give up your fears
- Give up your limiting beliefs
- Give up your excuses
- Give up your resistance to change
- Give up blaming
- Give up complaining
- Give up the luxury of criticism
- Give up living your life according to other people’s expectations
- Give up your self defeating self-talk
- Give up control
- Give up the need to always be right
- Give up the need to impress others
- Give up labels
- Give up attachment
- What’s wrong with complaining? [10:12]
- What it was like to suddenly have a post go viral [10:46]
- Luminita talks about going through her own personal dark night of the soul after gaining fame [12:10]
[15:05] Luminita D. Saviuc’s Instruction Manual
1. What are the habits you maintain every day to stay happy and healthy?
- Start day with prayer
- Write in journal
2. What personal development book do you recommend for listeners?
- Power vs Force by David R. Hawkins. “You will learn so much and it will change you forever.”
3. Favorite inspiration quote
- “I am worthy. I am enough.”
4. What’s your one guilty pleasure?
- Travel. “I love to see beauty, capture it and get high on it.”
5. None of us live for ever. When your time comes, how do you want to be remembered?
- Through the love that i had for myself, for humanity, and for the whole world
Where can people connect with Luminita? [20:40]
- Blog: purposefairy.com
- Facebook: /purposefairy
- Instragram: /purposefairy
- Email: email@example.com
[21:33] Chat with regular mindfulness contributor Joelle Anderson
Where to find Joelle:
[27:10] Baseball and belonging
This story was based on a blog post I first published in 2015 and updated recently on My instruction Manual. Read the post here.
Music is used by permission of the composer Julie Maxwell. She also provides a more limited license under Creative Commons.
- Title: “Mars Landscape: Sun Set”
- Author “Julie Maxwell”
- Source: http://freemusicarchive.org/
- License: https://creativecommons.org/
- Website: http://www.juliemaxwell.com
- Bandcamp: https://
[31:42] Closing Words