Fabiana Bacchini, author of From Suriving to Thriving, shares how she found joy in her tumultuous through infertility, loss and miracles. And Michelle Jaelin, our regular nutrition contributor, tells us the truth about fat.
Thanks for listening. Please subscribe!
Episode 7 Show Notes
[00:00] Welcome and Intro
[1:02] Featured interview with Fabiana Bacchini
Fabiana is author of From Surviving to Thriving: A Mother’s Journey Through Infertility, Loss and Miracles. Fabiana faced three major challenges on the road to becoming the mother she is today. First, infertility; second, the loss of a child in in utero; third, the birth of a severely premature son with cerebral palsy. Fabiana is the founder of HandFullHearts.
In this interview, Fabiana shares how was able to find joy in this tumultuous journey.
- Fabiana’s infertility journey and birth of first son Thomas [2:57]
- Fabiana’s second pregnancy with twins and death of Michael in utero [5:39]
- Gabriel in the hospital for his first 146 days [11:52]
- Fabiana’s decision between the path of darkness and the path of light [12:56}
- The family learns Gabriel has cerebral palsy [15:04]
- How living in the present moment helped Fabiana get through her challenges [18:01]
- The importance of meditation and self-care [19:05]
- Origins of Fabiana’s spiritual / personal development journey [19:39]
[23:50] Fabiana Bacchini’s Instruction Manual
1. What are the habits you maintain every day to stay happy and healthy? [24:12]
- Takes a moment of gratitude every day
- Green juice every morning
2. What personal development book do you recommend? [25:03]
- Option B by Sheryl Sandberg
- “She lost her husband a few years ago and she shares her journey and a lot of lessons she learned on that journey.”
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
- ” There is something very, truly magical about it.”
3. Favorite inspirational quote? [27:30]
- “Who is in your room?” – Stewart Emery
- For more on this concept, check out this video:
4. What’s your one guilty pleasure? [29:40]
- “I just feel if I’m going to do a lecture or do a presentation, I have to have a beautiful pair of shoes that make me stand tall and powerful in my own self.”
5. When your time comes, how do you want to be remembered? [30:10]
- “By my children, I want to be remembered a mom who always tried and did the best that I could with the resources I had at the time.”
- “By the community, as someone who tried to create a ripple effect of kindness.”
[31:34] Where to find Fabiana
[33:02] The truth about fat with regular nutrition contributor Michelle Jaelin
Michelle Jaelin is both a trained artist and a Registered Dietitian who is known as The NutritionArtist. She appears regularly as in newspapers, magazines and on television as an expert in healthy eating.
- Why we need fat in our diets [33:30]
- What are healthy fats? [34:12]
- Avoid trans-fats [35:18]
- Red, yellow and green fats [36:27]
- Saturated fats may not be as bad for us as we used to believe [36:53]
- Where to find Michelle: