Jake Nawrocki, host of the Operation Self Reset podcast, outlines the steps we need to take to reset our lives. Host Keith McArthur announces the title and launch date of his next book. And mindfulness contributor Joelle Anderson explains why you might want to add a body scan to your meditation practice.
Thanks for listening. Please subscribe!
Episode 18 Show Notes
[00:00] Welcome and Intro
[00:57] Keith’s book announcement
- 18 Steps to Own Your Life: Simple Powers for a Happier, Healthier You will be released on Tuesday, March 6
- Keith is putting together a launch team for the book. Launch team members will get a free copy of the book in exchange for writing and posting one or two honest reviews
JOIN OUR LAUNCH TEAM!
Instant access to a FREE PDF copy of 18 Steps to Own Your Life
In 18 Steps to Own Your Life, author Keith McArthur provides tips for how to take control of your life, and kick ass while doing it. Not quite superpowers, these 18 steps are science-based simple powers that will help you be a better human.
[2:09] Featured interview with Jake Nawarocki
Jake Nawrocki is the host of the popular podcast Operation Self Reset. He lives in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
In this conversation, Keith and Jake discuss:
- How early morning hockey practice make Jake a self-help junkie [2:49]
- How business struggles led Jake to create Operation Self Reset [5:16]
- What is Operation Self Reset? [7:24]
- Chasing perfection is dangerous because it gets in the way of progress [10:33]
- Number one step of a reset: Clearly define your goals [12:43]
- How emotions and feelings get in the way and dictate our decisions [15:01]
- The brain-cut connection and the importance of taking care of your gut [16:00]
- Why a lack of confidence and self-esteem are the biggest stumbling blocks for a self-reset [20:30]
- Jake’s struggles balancing life and business [22:53]
[24:36] Jake Nawrocki’s Instruction Manual
1. What are the habits you maintain every day to stay happy and healthy? [25:01]
- Read something
- Take care of gut health
- Sweat (exercise)
- Get enough sleep
2. What personal development book do you recommend? [25:34]
- As a Man Thinketh by James Allen
- “It’s an amazing read. I highly suggest it.”
3. Favorite personal mantra / inspirational quote [26:54]
- “Winners never quit and quitters never win.” Vince Lombardi
- “Do what you can’t.” Casey Neistat (scroll down to see his YouTube video)
4. What’s your one guilty pleasure? [29:20]
- Ice cream
- Video games
5. When your time comes, how do you want to be remembered? [30:12]
- As a guy who tried something that filled him up.
[31:21] Where to find Jake
- Podcast on iTunes: Operation Self Reset
- Website: OperationSelfReset.com
- Twitter: @JakeNarocki
- Facebook: OSRfanpage
- Email: Jake@operationselfreset.com
[32:19] Mindfulness contributor Joelle Anderson on including a body scan in your meditation practice
Joelle Anderson is a therapist specializing in mindfulness meditation and creator and host of the Kernel of Wisdom YouTube channel.
In this conversation, Keith and Joelle discuss:
- What is a body scan? [32:56]
- When to do a body scan? [34:57]
- Where to find Joelle [36:08]