It’s been ten months since my little sister gave me a second chance at life by donating a kidney to me. So every month since the transplant, I take time to reflect on the things in life I’m grateful for. Since it’s my 10-month kidneyversary, here are ten things I’m grateful for today.
- I’m grateful for my health. Once a month I get bloodwork to make sure my new kidney is still working well and that there are no signs of rejection. And once a month I still get nervous when I check the results. Well, I’m happy to report that I did my latest blood test yesterday and everything is working as it should be!
- I’m grateful for my wife. Laura, you are my one true love. I am honored to be on this journey of life with you. Happy Valentine’s Day.
- I’m grateful for my boys. Connor and Bryson: It is such a blessing to be your dad. These last two months in particular, I have seen so much growth from both of you!
- I’m grateful I live in Canada. This week’s school shooting in the United States terrified me. But when I dropped my son Connor off at school the next morning, I know I didn’t feel quite as scared as so many parents in the United States must have felt. It’s rare for something like this to happen in Canada, partly because we have gun laws that, for example, make it much harder for the wrong people to get their hands on a killing machine like an AR-15.
- I’m grateful that my next book is done. 18 Steps to Own Your Life: Simple Powers for a Healthier, Happier You goes on sale in just two weeks!
- I’m grateful to you for being part of the My Instruction Manual community. You help me to stay healthy, happy and positive every day. And I’m grateful that so many readers have signed up to be part of the 18 Steps to Own Your Life launch team. (There’s still time to sign up if you want access to a pre-release review copy.)
- I’m grateful that spring is just around the corner. Winters are long up here in Canada, and I’m thankful that the end is in sight.
- I’m grateful baseball is back. Pitchers and catchers have reported to camp and Spring Training games are just a couple weeks away. There’s something about baseball being played in Florida and Arizona that makes me feel like we’re almost through the long winter.
- I’m grateful for Stephanie for giving me one of her kidneys. You made all of this possible!
- And of course, I’m grateful for sharks.
I’ve created some fill-in-the-blanks Gratitude Mad Libs. Just enter your name and email address in the box below and I’ll send them right over!
GET INSTANT ACCESS
to free Gratitude Mad Libs
Gratitude improves health, self-confidence, relationship and sleep. But sometimes we all need a little help!
This is amazing. It’s important to highlight what we are grateful for every now and then. Helps us appreciate life even more. Happy to know your blood work came out cleared.
I mean I really don’t blame you, I too am grateful (on your behalf) for Stephanie’s generosity. I am also grateful for sharks because they are my favourite animal. And grateful for you for reminding me to be grateful!