Joelle Anderson, a therapist and mindfulness coach, reveals how meditation can help boost our emotional awareness. And host Keith McArthur speaks with fitness contributor Kathleen Trotter about how to pack a gym in your suitcase when you travel.
Thanks for listening. Please subscribe!
Episode 34 Show Notes
[00:00] Welcome and Intro
[1:00] Mindfulness contributor Joelle Anderson on Emotional Awareness
Joelle Anderson is a therapist specializing in mindfulness meditation and creator and host of the Kernel of Wisdom YouTube channel.
In this conversation, Keith and Joelle discuss:
- What do we mean by “emotional awareness” [1:40]
- We suppress positive emotions as well as negative ones [2:55]
- The downside of emotional awareness [4:21]
- Where to find Joelle [5:15]
[5:54] Fitness contributor Kathleen Trotter on a Gym in Your Suitcase
Kathleen Trotter is author of Finding Your Fit: A Compassionate Trainer’s Guide to Making Fitness a Lifelong Habit
In this conversation, Keith and Kathleen discuss:
- What Kathleen packs in her suitcase [6:13]
- Three types of fitness travelers [9:52]
- The importance of having a Plan B [11:36]
- Where to find Kathleen [13:29]