Allison Melody, host of the Food Heals podcast, talks about the healing power of food. And host Keith McArthur speaks with fitness contributor Kathleen Trotter about the best exercise for weight loss.
Thanks for listening. Please subscribe!
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe on Spotify
- Subscribe on Stitcher
- Subscribe on Android
Episode 43 Show Notes
[00:00] Welcome and Intro
[2:14] Featured interview with Allison Moody
Allison Melody is host of the Food Heals podcast. By her 25th birthday, Allison lost both her parents to cancer. This led her to explore non-traditional healing methods, including nutrition.
In this conversation, Keith and Allison discuss:
- How her parents’ untimely deaths led to Allison’s interest in healing foods [2:15]
- Food elimination diets [3:45]
- How to know when to trust your doctor and when to look at other alternatives [4:58]
- Muscle testing [11:35]
[14:05] Allison’s Instruction Manual
1. What are the habits you maintain every day to stay happy and healthy? [14:23]
- Getting enough sleep
- Drinking enough water
- Write gratitude journal
- Don’t check cell phone when first wake up
- Healthiest possible smoothie
2. What personal development book do you recommend? [16:28]
- The Universe Has Your Back: Transform Fear to Faith by Gabrielle Bernstein
Book recommendations curated by the world's most inspiring people.
Just enter your name and email so I can send your list of 47 of the best personal development books ever written, and provide other tips for a healthier, happier life!
I will send you additional emails from time to time with more free content and so you can be the first to know about new resources to help you own your life. If you don't find my content valuable, I make it easy for you to unsubscribe at any time.
3. Favorite personal mantra / inspirational quote [18:15]
- “Let thy food be thy medicine; let thy medicine be they food.”
- “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.” — Marianne Williamson
4. What’s your one guilty pleasure? [19:18]
5. When your time comes, how do you want to be remembered? [21:21]
- As someone who truly made a difference in helping people heal themselves.
[21:55] Where to find Allison
- Website: FoodHealsNation.com
[22:56] Fitness contributor Kathleen Trotter on the best exercise for weight loss
Kathleen Trotter is author of Finding Your Fit: A Compassionate Trainer’s Guide to Making Fitness a Lifelong Habit
In this conversation, Keith and Kathleen discuss:
- Why exercise is more about overall health benefits than weight loss [24:20]
- The importance of getting really specific with weight loss goals [26:10]
- Kathleen’s weight loss recipe [27:25]
- Where to find Kathleen [33:03]
- Instagram: KathleenTrotterFitness
- Twitter: KTrotterFitness
- Facebook: KathleenTrotter
[33:31] Closing words
Feedback & Connect
- Subscribe to My Instruction Manual on Apple Podcasts or on Android
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Keith on Twitter: @KeithMcArthur
- Join our Facebook page
- Check out our Pinterest page: myinstructionmanual