Flo Evans has always dreamed of running the New York City Marathon. But she worried she was too out of shape and overweight to ever achieve her goal.
When she turned 40, she set a resolution to make finally make her dream a reality. She joins us this week to talk about the steps she took to make it happen.
Flo’s story is profiled in the book Winning Resolutions, which will be released on Tuesday, Dec. 11.
In this episode, host Keith McArthur speaks also with nutrition contributor Michelle Jaelin about magnesium.
- Listen on Apple Podcasts
- Listen on Google Podcasts
- Listen on Spotify
- Listen on Stitcher
- Listen on Android
Thanks for listening. Please subscribe!
Episode 48 Show Notes
[00:00] Welcome and Intro
[4:36] Featured interview with Flo Evans
Flo is a New York City mom who set a resolution to achieve her biggest goal and wildest dream of running the New York City marathon.
In this conversation, Keith and Flo discuss:
- How Flo went from out of shape and overweight to become a marathon runner [4:36]
- Flo’s first half marathon [10:15]
- Flo signs up for eight more races [16:25]
- Struck by injury [18:57]
- Flo’s advice for others wanting to run a marathon [18:57]
- Post marathon report [23:54]
[31:21] Nutrition contributor Michelle Jaelin on magnesium
Michelle Jaelin is both a trained artist and a Registered Dietitian who is known as The NutritionArtist. She appears regularly as in newspapers, magazines and on television as an expert in healthy eating.
In this conversation, Keith and Michelle discuss:
- The various benefits of magnesium including the possible prevention of insomnia
- Where to find magnesium
- Where to find Michelle:
- Twitter: @nutritionartist
- Instagram: /nutritionartist
- Facebook: /nutritionartistRD
Feedback & Connect
- Subscribe to My Instruction Manual on Apple Podcasts or on Android
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Keith on Twitter: @KeithMcArthur
- Join our Facebook page
- Check out our Pinterest page: myinstructionmanual