Allison Baggerly shares her tips on how to get out of debt.
When Allison and her husband learned she was pregnant, it was a surprise blessing. It was also super-stressful.
Over a hundred thousand dollars in debt, they didn’t now how they were going to be able to afford daycare and other baby expenses.
Allison’s story is featured in the upcoming book Winning Resolutions. She joins us on this episode of the My Instruction Manual podcast to share how she accomplished her biggest goal.
Later in the episode, mindfulness contributor Joelle Anderson takes listeners through a guided meditation.
- Listen on Apple Podcasts
- Listen on Google Podcasts
- Listen on Spotify
- Listen on Stitcher
- Listen on Android
Thanks for listening. Please subscribe!
Episode 49 Show Notes
[00:00] Welcome and Intro
[3:15] Featured interview with Allison Baggerly
Allison is the creator of InspiredBudget.com. After getting her family out of $111,000 in debt, Allison now focuses on helping others to do the same. She lives in Denton, Texas.
In this conversation, Keith and Allison discuss:
- How a surprise pregnancy frightened Allison and her husband into getting out of debt. [3:20]
- The debt snowball method vs. the debt avalanche method [5:20]
- Where the Baggerlys cut back on spending [6:50]
- The biggest challenge was getting burnt out on the journey [10:20]
- Looking forward to the reward at the end of the journey [11:25]
- How they brought in extra revenue [14:50]
- Allison’s approach to savings / sinking funds [17:10]
- How Allison learned about finance and budgeting [21:20]
- Allison mention The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey.
Where to find Allison
[22:30] Mindfulness contributor Joelle Anderson shares a guided meditation
Joelle Anderson is a therapist specializing in mindfulness meditation and creator and host of the Kernel of Wisdom YouTube channel.
In this conversation, Keith and Joelle discuss:
- What is a guided meditation [23:10]
- Joelle takes us through a guided meditation [26:05]
- Where to find Joelle