Fitness is about more than exercise. It’s also about nutrition and mindset according to Kathleen Trotter, author of the new book Your Fittest Future Self. She joins us in this episode to talk all things health.
- Listen on Apple Podcasts
- Listen on Google Podcasts
- Listen on Spotify
- Listen on Stitcher
- Listen on Android
Thanks for listening. Please subscribe!
Episode 61 Show Notes
[00:00] Welcome and Intro
[2:00] Featured interview with Kathleen Trotter
Kathleen Trotter is author of Finding Your Fit and Your Fittest Future Self. She’s a Toronto-based personal trainer with a degree in exercise science.
In this conversation, Keith and Kathleen discuss:
- Kathleen’s three pillars of fitness: nutrition, workout & mindset [2:20]
- The workout pillar is about strength, cardio, and flexibility [12:00]
- Finding your kiwi [16:32]
- The New Canada Food Guide [20:41]
- Mindful eating [28:15]
[34:45] Kathleen’s Instruction Manual
1. If you had to pick one music album as the soundtrack to your life, what would it be? [32:26]
- Britney Spears
- Fight Song by Rachel xx
2. What is one personal development myth you want to dispel [35:24]
- That you’re either striving or you’re content
3. What is one unusual or surprising gadget you couldn’t live without? [39:20]
- Wireless headphones
- Her slipper collection
4. What does a bad day look like to you and what are the steps you take to turn it around ? [42:00]
- Doesn’t happy as much, but now Kathleen knows what to do including: Going for a run, putting on slippers, putting on the Fight Song.
5. Looking forward, what’s your biggest goal or wildest dream? [45:50]
- Meet and / or work with Tim Ferris, Chase Gordon and Brene Brown and more motivational speaking.
- Love more in the moment and experience joy
[48:00] Where to find Kathleen
- Instagram: KathleenTrotterFitness
- Twitter: KTrotterFitness
- Facebook: KathleenTrotter
Feedback & Connect
- Subscribe to My Instruction Manual on Apple Podcasts or on Android
- Email: email@example.com
- Keith on Twitter: @KeithMcArthur
- Join our Facebook page
- Check out our Pinterest page: myinstructionmanual