Two years ago, my kidneys were failing.
Luckily for me, I have two amazing sisters who were both ready and willing to donate a kidney to me.
My sister Fiona was the first to go through the extensive testing process, but she wasn’t a good match. Next, my sister Stephanie get tested and doctors gave the thumb up.
I am so grateful that Fiona and Stephanie were both willing to do this for me.
This episode is all about sisters, and I dedicate it to them.
Our featured guest is Daisy Buchanan. She joins us to talk about her latest book The Sisterhood: A Love Letter to the Women Who Have Shaped Me.
Daisy is a UK-based author, journalist and TV personality.
- Listen on Apple Podcasts
- Listen on Google Podcasts
- Listen on Spotify
- Listen on Stitcher
- Listen on Android
Thanks for listening. Please subscribe!
Episode 65 Show Notes
[00:00] Welcome and Intro
[2:39] Featured interview with Daisy Buchanan
Daisy Buchanan is a UK-based author, podcaster, and journalist. Her latest book is The Sisterhood: A Love Letter to the Women Who Have Shaped Me. On her You’re Booked podcast, Daisy asks authors about the books on their shelves. She first appeared on My Instruciton Manual in Episode 16, where she discussed her book How To Be a Grown Up.
In this conversation, Keith and Daisy discuss:
- How sisterhood relationships aren’t always with biological sisters
- What it was like to grow up in a house with six daughters and no brothers and how her father dealt with it
- How Keith and Daisy were both raised by feminist fathers
- Why Miss Piggy was Daisy’s role model when she was growing up
- Gender in advertising
- Famous sister families: The Bennets from Pride and Prejudice vs. the Kardashians
- Whether Bridget Jones was the inspiration for the Millennial obsession with adulting
[30:00] Daisy’s Instruction Manual, Part II
1. If you had to pick one music album as the soundtrack to your life, what would it be?
- Plastic Letters by Blondie
2. What’s one personal development myth you want to dispel?
- The idea that quitters never win and winners never quit
3. Name one unusual or surprising gadget you couldn’t live without.
- Her bed of nails, which mimics acupuncture
4. What does a “bad day” look like to you and what are the steps you take to turn it around?
- When she beats herself up for not being productive enough
- Daisy mentions Yoga with Adrienne
5. What is your biggest goal or wildest dream?
- To finish her first novel by the end of the year
Where to find Daisy
- Instagram: @thedaisybee
- Twitter: @notrollergirl
Feedback & Connect
- Subscribe to My Instruction Manual on Apple Podcasts or on Android
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Keith on Twitter: @KeithMcArthur
- Join our Facebook page
- Check out our Pinterest page: myinstructionmanual