Jeff Grace, host of the self-obsessed podcast, talks about how self-help organizations become cults.
- Listen on Apple Podcasts
- Listen on Google Podcasts
- Listen on Spotify
- Listen on Stitcher
- Listen on Android
Thanks for listening. Please subscribe!
Episode 72 Show Notes
[00:00] Welcome and Intro
[2:05] Featured interview with Jeff Grace
Jeff Grace is a Hollywood actor, director, and writer. He’s also the creator and host of the self-obsessed podcast.
In this conversation, Keith and Jeff discuss:
- Great self help books with terrible titles
- Jeff’s experience with Landmark
- What makes self-help movements like cults?
- Jeff shares some practical email tips
- Jeff mentions Mailstrom / Chuck and Sane Inbox
[32:09] Jeff’s Instruction Manual
1. What are the habits you maintain every day to stay happy and healthy?
- Makes bed every morning
- Daily task last with gratitude, goals
- Exercise every day
- Writes for first 2-3 hours / day
2. What personal development book do you recommend?
- The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
3. Favorite personal mantra / inspirational quote
- You can fail at what you don’t want to do, so you might as well take a chance on what you love
4. What’s your one guilty pleasure?
- Watching Apple Computer YouTube Video
5. When your time comes, how do you want to be remembered?
- As a kind and caring person
Where to find Jeff
- Website: JeffGrace.com
- Instagram: @JeffGrace
- Twitter: @JeffGrace
- Podcast: Self-Obsessed
Feedback & Connect
- Subscribe to My Instruction Manual on Apple Podcasts or on Android
- Email: email@example.com
- Keith on Twitter: @KeithMcArthur
- Join our Facebook page
- Check out our Pinterest page: myinstructionmanual