Greg Wells, author of The Focus Effect shares how we can find focus in a distracted world.
- Listen on Apple Podcasts
- Listen on Google Podcasts
- Listen on Spotify
- Listen on Stitcher
- Listen on Android
Thanks for listening. Please subscribe!
Episode 74 Show Notes
Welcome and Intro
Featured interview with Greg Wells
Greg Wells is author of The Focus Effect and The Ripple Effect. Greg is a physiologist who does research at the University of Toronto and the Hospital for Sick Children. He is also the host of The Be Better Podcast.
In this conversation, Keith and Greg discuss:
- Why we’re all becoming so distracted
- How an athlete’s approach to social media is a good predictor of success
- Work-life balance
- The importance of morning routines
- What businesses can do to help employees improve focus
- The importance of giving the mind time to move from Beta waves into Alpha and Theta waves
Greg’s Instruction Manual, Part II
1. If you had to pick one music album as the soundtrack to your life, what would it be?
- Who’s Next by The Who
2. What’s one personal development myth you want to dispel?
3. Name one unusual or surprising gadget you couldn’t live without.
- The Oura Ring
4. What does a “bad day” look like to you and what are the steps you take to turn it around?
- Bad days are when he doesn’t get enough sleep or doesn’t follow his morning routine
5. What is your biggest goal or wildest dream?
- To make a difference in lives on person at a time