Karen Mangia, author of Success With Less, shares how she learned she could achieve more by taking things off her plate. And host Keith McArthur speaks with fitness contributor Kathleen Trotter about building your own health entourage.
- Listen on Apple Podcasts
- Listen on Google Podcasts
- Listen on Spotify
- Listen on Stitcher
- Listen on Android
Thanks for listening. Please subscribe!
Episode 75 Show Notes
[00:00] Welcome and Intro
[XX] Featured interview with Karen Mangia
Karen Mangia is author of Success With Less: Releasing Obligations and Discovering Joy. She calls herself a recovering overachiever.
In this conversation, Keith and Karen discuss:
- Karen’s search for a diagnosis for her mystery illness
- How a relentless doctor finally diagnosed the root cause
- How Karen’s will to get better helped her learn to prioritize
- Karen’s three-step program: Pause, Ponder and Prioritize
- Why Karen calls herself a “recovering overachiever”
[24:05] Karen’s Instruction Manual
1. What are the habits you maintain every day to stay happy and healthy?
- Start each day with pressed green juice
- Connect at least each day with one of the people in her life that matters most
2. What personal development book do you recommend?
- Necessary Endings: The Employees, Businesses and Relationships that All of us Have to Give up To Move Forward by Dr. Henry Cloud
3. Favorite personal mantra / inspirational quote
- “To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
4. What’s your one guilty pleasure?
- Salty, crunchy snacks
5. When your time comes, how do you want to be remembered?
- Having been a great friend, a great ally and a great advocate
Where to find Karen
[29:20] Fitness contributor Kathleen Trotter on Building a Fitness Entourage
Kathleen Trotter is author of Finding Your Fit: A Compassionate Trainer’s Guide to Making Fitness a Lifelong Habit
In this conversation, Keith and Kathleen discuss:
- The importance of building a team of people who have your back
- The three members of a health entourage
- Fitness Buddy
- Nutrition Buddy
- Where to find Kathleen: