Marriage expert Larry Bilotta shares his tips on how to save a troubled marriage. Plus host Keith McArthur shares news about his upcoming new podcast.
- Listen on Apple Podcasts
- Listen on Google Podcasts
- Listen on Spotify
- Listen on Stitcher
- Listen on Android
Thanks for listening. Please subscribe!
Episode 78 Show Notes
[00:00] Welcome and Intro
Keith announces his upcoming podcast with the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. The podcast series — tentatively titled Unlocking Bryson’s Brain — is about Keith’s son Bryson who has a rare genetic condition known as a GRIN Disorder. The podcast is scheduled to be released in March of 2020. Keith also speaks about the charitable foundation he started up with other GRIN families. You can donate or learn more at CureGRIN.org.
[3:25] Featured interview with Larry Bilotta
Larry Bilotta felt trapped in a loveless marriage. But he was able to turn the relationship around and now he teaches others how to do the same.
In this conversation, Keith and Larry discuss:
- Why clashing values are the mechanics of why marriages fall apart
- Why you don’t need to change your spouse to change your marriage
- Changing the “environment of your mind”
- The four “emotional countries” — Fun, perfect, peace, control
- How to know if a marriage is worth saving
[30:30] Larry’s Instruction Manual
1. What are the habits you maintain every day to stay happy and healthy?
- Think it. Imagine it. Feel it.
2. What personal development book do you recommend?
3. Favorite personal mantra / inspirational quote
- There is Always a Way
4. What’s your one guilty pleasure?
- Larry says those terms don’t go well together because pleasure is productive and guilt is destructive.
5. When your time comes, how do you want to be remembered?
- As the guy who helped people get in touch with their minds.