Amy E Smith is a coach, writer, and speaker who calls herself the Joy Junkie. In this conversation Amy shares a to of great advice on everything from how to stand up for yourself without being a jerk to how to worry less about what other people think.
- Listen on Apple Podcasts
- Listen on Google Podcasts
- Listen on Spotify
- Listen on Stitcher
- Listen on Android
Thanks for listening. Please subscribe!
Episode 81 Show Notes
[00:00] Welcome and Intro
Keith is raising funds for CureGRIN to help cure his son’s rare disease. You can support GRIN Disorder research by giving here.
[2:40] Featured interview with Amy E. Smith
Amy E Smith is a coach, writer, and speaker who calls herself the Joy Junkie
In this conversation, Keith and Amy discuss:
- Keith and Amy play Would You Rather?
- Joy vs. Happiness
- Why we need to stop worrying about what other people think
- How Amy came to accept that her mom doesn’t accept her
- How to stick up for yourself without being a jerk
- What it’s like to co-host a podcast with your spouse
- Amy’s upcoming podcast with Andrea Owen
- Bad communications habit
[40:40] Amy’s Instruction Manual
1. What are the habits you maintain every day to stay happy and healthy?
- Avoid caffeine
- Do hypnosis or meditation every day
2. What personal development book do you recommend?
- You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero
3. Favorite personal mantra / inspirational quote
- “Givers must set limits because takers rarely do” — Irma Kurtz
4. What’s your one guilty pleasure?
- The Kardashians
5. When your time comes, how do you want to be remembered?
- As the catalyst that allowed people to believe in themselves and that their voices matter.
Where to find Amy
- Website: TheJoyJunkie.com
- Instagram: @TheJoyJunkie
- Podcast: The Joy Junkie
Feedback & Connect
- Subscribe to My Instruction Manual on Apple Podcasts or on Android
- Email: email@example.com
- Keith on Twitter: @KeithMcArthur
- Join our Facebook page
- Check out our Pinterest page: myinstructionmanual