It’s time to start planning for 2020.
On this week’s podcast, Andrea Owen interviews me about my book Winning Resolutions: Achieve Your Biggest Goals and Wildest Dreams Once and For All. We talk about how to plan for resolutions success, what to do if you stumble, and how you can structure your environment for resolution success.
This interview first appeared on Andrea’s excellent podcast Your Kick Ass Life.
- Listen on Apple Podcasts
- Listen on Google Podcasts
- Listen on Spotify
- Listen on Stitcher
- Listen on Android
Thanks for listening. Please subscribe!
Episode 83 Show Notes
[00:00] Welcome and Intro
[3:30] Andrea Owen interviews Keith
Andrea is author of How to Stop Feeling Like Sh*t: 14 Habits that Are Holding You Back from Happiness. She is a life coach based on North Carolina and hosts the Your Kick-Ass Life Podcast. She previously appeared on the My Instruction Manual podcast in episode 13 and episode 56.
In this conversation, Keith and Andrea discuss:
- Why we put so much pressure on ourselves at the start of a new year and how shame comes into play
- Keith’s take on the “New Year, New You” mentality
- The biggest mistake people make when creating a goal or resolution. Plus, some science-based strategies for achieving your biggest, baddest goals
- How an accountability partner can help you with goals and the science behind finding the right accountability partner
- Some ways to get back on track if you lose sight or abandon a goal, hint: think ahead!
- Taking control of your environment and some ways to structure your environment for goal success
- Gretchen Rubin’s The Four Tendencies
Please consider making a donation the CureGRIN Foundation to fund research to help find a cure for my son Bryson and thousands of others living with GRIN Disorders.