Welcome to My Instruction Manual. It’s an honor to have you here!
My Instruction Manual is a blog, a podcast, an online community and a book series. But most of all, it is a place where, together, we can explore how to be happier and healthier, have amazing relationships and explore our biggest goals and wildest dreams!
If it’s your first time here, here are four steps to help you get the most out of My Instruction Manual.
STEP 1: MEET
Hi there, I’m Keith! I’m a father, husband, author and podcaster.
And I’ve been through a lot in the past couple of years.
In early 2017, I was dying. Then I got a second chance at life when my little sister donated a kidney to me. It was a life-changing gift so I decided to change my life. Now I spend my time learning, and teaching, about how to live better.
Here’s a picture of my sister and me from April of 2017, a few days after my kidney transplant.
STEP 2: READ
a) Read the blog
I’ve written dozens of posts here on the My Instruction Manual blog. Here are five of my favorites to get you started.
- 18 Life Lessons from 18 18-Year-Olds, in which I explore inspiring wisdom from young people around the world.
- Will Eating Oranges Make You Orange?, in which I address the most pervasive myths about nutrition.
- Five Ways to Beat Procrastination Today, in which I offer tips to get sh*t done!
- Our Promise to Alex, in which I try to find hope and positivity in the tragic death of my 24-year-old cousin.
- My Father’s Day Pledge, in which I recount a rough night out with my special needs son Bryson.
b) Read the book
I wrote a book about what I learned during and after my kidney failure. It’s called 18 Steps to Own Your Life. Simple Powers for a Healthier, Happier You.
You can read a free chapter of 18 Steps to Own Your Life here. This chapter focuses on Step 5, which is all about gratitude. Don’t want to read? I’ve also included an MP3 of the chapter so I can read it to you!
Click one of the links below to purchase a copy of the book on ebook or paperback from Amazon.
STEP 3: LISTEN
The My Instruction Manual podcast debuted in October. You can find it wherever you listen to podcasts. Here are links to some of the most popular places to find podcasts:
There’s a new episode each Monday so make sure you subscribe. But here are five of my favorite episodes to get you started:
- How to Be Resilient with Rick Hanson
- How Women Rise with Sally Helgesen
- A Kidney Transplant Story with Stephanie McArthur
- Pivot Your Life and Career with Jenny Blake
- Life Lessons from 10 of the most Inspiring People on the Planet
STEP 4: CONNECT
I want you to be part of the My Instruction Manual Community.
Here are four ways we can keep in touch:
a) Join the self-help book club
Each month we explore a different book in the self-help / personal development / wellness space. It all takes place through Facebook. Click here to join.
b) Connect in social
c) Email me
You can reach me at keith (at) myinstructionmanual (dot) com
d) Join the newsletter
My promise: I promise to treat you and your email address with the utmost respect! I will email you from time to time with more free resources and updates about my content, but I will never share your email address with any third parties. Click unsubscribe at any time and I will immediately remove you from my list.
Sign up to the My Instruction Manual newsletter and get your FREE 10-Step Happiness Checklist.